
Time to visit the Zoo? (again)
Sometimes in life, there are so many things you wished you could do, but ultimately, in the end, you have to choose one. Just one. I remember when i was young, i had a lot of aspirations, I wanted to firstly be a √teacher, then √a child-care teacher, √an author, √photographer, √ actor, √apparel designer, √chef, √social worker, √designer, √artist, lastly √forensics! But when i one day, finally mustered the courage to tell Mummy that i wanna be a forensics, i got some nagging and the ?WHAT! face from her. I really really wanted to do it so badly, but i thought, since she's against it, i shall not. But till today, i wished i was one in future. :/ But i guess, i chose design. And now that im finally turning year 2, i cannot make up my mind what i'm going to choose to major in. Photography? Illustration? Graphic Design? Sigh. I wished i could take all, but, i still have to pick ONE. But one thing i'm sure is that, i'm gonna take up apparel design when i'm done with TP. Which kinda fufils two of the ticks above. I think Mummy thinks i'm a bit weird at times. Like how shocked she was when i brought back my scotch-tape sculpture one fine night and she asked why can't i do something more ?normal. And then i asked myself why? Just like how i chose to use an umbrella as a canvas for my coursework. I don't quite get myself, but i don't like things the way they are. Like when i was young, i would think, why things are made this way, and NOT? the other way. No offence, but i really dislike abstract art. I just don't get it. Maybe its just me? Sometimes, i wished i had the ability to do certain things, and fufil certain things. Maybe of us are limited by at least something, eg, financial? support/understanding? freedom? to do things we like/want to do. Which is why, nowadays, many parents pin their hopes on their children which they didn't get the chance to do. Like making their children learn ballet/piano? I understand them, i get them. I wished my parents were like that, we had the freedom to choose what we want to learn/do since young. One of the greatest regret i have till now was, not taking up piano. Something i really liked, but didn't find the courage to go for lessons. We live life only once, so i guess i just got to give everything a go. So, what are your regrets?
No comments:
Post a Comment