Friday, July 1, 2011

SIP

Photo from Tumblr.com

Its Friday, it only means school is 2 days away. I dread school, the hours are so lengthy, 9am - 6pm with a redundant 3hrs break in between. Home is too far for a quick/short nap. School has nowhere comfy to rest. The library i realized recently, is flooded with people lepak-ing at every single corner. No longer like those Year 01 days. :/ How sad.

SIP makes me realizes so much stuff and made a couple of friends. I remember before I started looking for internship/ prepare my portfolio, there were so many ahead of me. I secretly freaked out. I mean like yeah, I was too lazy (truth) to do anything. Everyone made seeking for internship such a long, tedious, boring routine. But nooooooooo, Thank God i managed a couple of replies at least the next morning. And really nice people though! Some taught gave compliments, one gave suggestions/feedback on how i can better my portfolio/works/myself. Some gave me recommandations on which companies I could approached and they even helped me asked if the companies they were working at needed interns. One told me we should seriously keep in touch and like he has freelance coming up. So much more "surprising" to what i had expected hearing from my fellow course mates. This chance is just fyeah ^^

Recently a book publisher emailed to ask me to participate in their upcoming new book. But you know, how would we know what to do right? They wanted so many files which was scary. I'm still putting them on hold though. One lecturer says good chance, Mathias asked me to charge and lastly Mike told me not to bother (because of certain reasons) which were very true. I didnt see them but he did. Difference between someone already in the industry and a student. Sigh, why doesn't school touch a part on all these issues? School only makes me (at least) feel like, oh yeah we're just students. So I'm still in a dilemma. Bad state to be in.

Meeting my girlies tonight so I hope dinner's goooooood ^^ I'm super broke this month even from the start, blame my birthday. And I realized holidays were spent solely on SIP. My PartTime job is not giving me jobs until July :(

Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment